The Mills Middle School Transition Camp will serve incoming sixth grade students to ease their transition from elementary school to middle school. Students will have the opportunity to experience class changes as well as academic and behavior expectations. After the two week camp, students will feel comfortable and prepared to jump into sixth grade.
In order to help us prepare for the number of students attending the transition camp, please fill out this application: Mills Middle Transition Camp Application
- To aid incoming sixth grade students with their transition from elementary to middle school
- To establish required social and behavioral skills
- To provide academic interventions and enrichment opportunities
- Must be an incoming 6th grade student at Mills Middle School.
- Spots will be filled on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- July 17th-July 27th ( 9 Scholar Days)
- 8:00 am -12:00 pm, Monday-Friday
- Students will change classes and be provided the opportunity to learn about their new school before beginning the school year.
- Breakfast and lunch will be served.
Parents as Partners
- Parents and students will sign an attendance contract defining the value of the Comet Pride Transition Camp.
- Parents will be provided with information about expectations at Mills Middle School.